For those who are in need of an additional piece of equipment like a weighted vest because you are starting to feel that your pull-ups and other exercises no longer feels very physically demanding anymore or you’re in the CrossFit box sweating through a Murph. Congratulations to you on reaching such a remarkable level of fitness!
Weighted vests transform just about any workout into a resistance exercise. The added load increases your bodyweight to move more effectively without altering your form, giving you a great option to switch up your workouts on a whim if you want to free up your hands and leave the dumbbells and barbells for the day.
Now, let’s take a look at the top 5 best weighted vests to buy – the sports equipment item that can bring the challenge back into your routine.
- Unbroken Designs Stars and Stripes Weighted Vest – The famous Stars and Stripes Weight Vest is made of stretchable stars and stripes neoprene with a black trim finishing. This vest is perfect for adding resistance to your workout, whether it is for aerobics, sports conditioning, or training for military, fire-rescue or law enforcement. “I love mine from Unbroken Designs. Fits really well, adjustable weight (2-20#) and it’s washable” said one of the CrossFitter.
- Cross101 Adjustable Camouflage Weighted Vest – This vest is a good option if you are already doing strength training. The size of the vest is very versatile as it can fit a petite female without any problems. It is equipped with ten weights of 4 lbs, permitting you to set your own weight depending on how much you can handle. The maximum weight that this vest supports is 40 lbs and the size is 13 inches in width. “I got the CROSS101 vest online and I love it!” – commented by one of the CrossFitter.
- RUNMax Pro Weighted Vest – The RUNMax Pro Weighted Vest is a great vest to start your cross training, strength training, and anything else you will need a weight vest for. They are a great way to add resistance to your workout. It gives you the freedom to choose which weight fits your workout and one size fit most.
- MiR Adjustable Weighted Vest – This vest is made of heavy-duty 1200D reinforced nylon lined with double padded shoulders for added comfort and mesh vented inside for breathability. The padding is designed to be contoured to your shoulder to provide maximum comfort. The MiR Weighted Vests has two adjustable straps that can be adjusted underneath so you can easily adjust the body length of the vest by sliding the straps up and down through the D-rings.
- WOLF tactical Adjustable Weighted Vest – The Wolf Weighted Vest is fully manufactured in the USA and comes with a lifetime warranty. The vest has been tested at the highest levels of competition and it has been proven that the unique contoured Wolf Weighted Vest delivers comfortable coverage with minimal bulk. Coupling with its military-grade exterior materials are also moisture-resistant for a cool, dry feel in any training conditions.
March is the founder and owner of The Barbell Beauties which she started in 2015. She is from the Philippines and currently lives in beautiful Thailand with her American husband and daughter. She is an avid Crossfitter and has just started her journey into Muay Thai (kickboxing).