You may think CrossFit is just a basic workout group, but it’s not! We’ve got 9 trivia that you might not know about CrossFit.
- People think of CrossFit as the latest new fad, but it’s actually been around since 2000. This is the man who founded CrossFit Greg Glassman and according to him CrossFit has grown to nearly 10 million members!
- CrossFit is a great way of keeping fit no matter what your age. Age is not a barrier. In the 2010 CrossFit Games the oldest female competitor was 57 and the oldest male competitor was 58.
- The majority of CrossFitters are female. According to American Council on Exercise, over 60% of CrossFit membership holders are female. There are 10 million CrossFitters out there right now which means that there are about 6 million CrossFit women
- CrossFit commemorated a set of workouts to fallen soldiers. the company decided to name a section of workouts in their honor. The Hero Workouts, are now commonplace in boxed gyms all over the world.
- CrossFit Owners will need to write an essay, complete an application process, pay a yearly fee, plus instructors complete training courses. This keeps the quality of gyms up across the board.
- Another huge part of CrossFit’s appeal has been its ability to scale. You don’t have to already be in great shape to start doing it. Anyone can try CrossFit because all the workouts are scalable. CrossFit is ideal for all levels
- Most CrossFit gyms don’t have mirrors. This is because they believe in function over aesthetics. The focus is on what your body can do, vs. how you look in spandex. When you’re constantly looking at yourself, you may feel unmotivated at the lack or results. But when you’re motivated and focused on the task you’re doing, you feel better and breeze through it! You don’t have to look smoking hot in a mirror to be apart of CrossFit.
- You’ll make awesome friends. Yes, CrossFit is like a cult.
- The workouts are named after women. We’re not sure if this is good or bad, but the creator Greg Glassman has admitted the workouts are named after women; more specifically, because women “wreak havoc”. I guess we should take it as a compliment seeing as they are strengthening workouts!
LIKED THIS POST? PIN THIS PIC TO SAVE IT!